Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Productive Weekend

After finishing up the middle tier staging yesterday I got a lot done today on the lower tier:



Progress today included: measuring and cutting the plywood subroadbed; installing the subroadbed, including some shims at the far end because of the plywood thickness problem I mentioned during the middle tier construction; added the blue roadbed; and put down about 36' of track. The new track has not yet been wired. In addition I've also finished the Visio of the middle tier wiring diagram and prepped the remaining lower tier switches.

I'm now working with all new material again, instead of reusing track and wire from the first failed staging attempt. This helps speed things along -- more than I thought it would. At this rate I should be able to complete the lower tier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment