Sunday, January 31, 2010

One problem fixed

The feeder wire problem from yesterday has been fixed. This took a while -- eventually I admitted that I couldn't reach the original location of the feeder wire, as this was on the back side of the staging loop, so I re-soldered it at a location near the joiner:


The problem of access to the back parts of the staging is something I'm going to have to solve, as this may also be an issue on the corners of the main layout. Probably I'll need to get a Topside Creeper one day.

Meanwhile, there was another problem I listed in last night's post, but I've since re-edited that post to remove it. I thought the PM42 was misbehaving but it turned out I just failed to plug in its power when I moved the power cabinet back into place. Oops. I was surprised that without the power the PM42 still passes on current to the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment