Saturday, January 16, 2010

Middle tier staging complete

Finished up the middle tier track today. The middle tier is not yet connected to the main layout as I haven't run the adjacent main layout track yet, but when I do the staging is ready:



The middle tier track on the left is the return track (also the auto-reverse track). I'll complete that when I it's time to connect the middle tier to the main layout.

Speaking of the main layout, here is the first picture of that which I've published on the blog:



To better understand this picture I refer you back to the early posts about the iNdoor layout design and, to a lesser extent, on general staging requirements. The wooden structure in the middle of the room is "the box", referred to in the first post, and is designed to support two levels of layout in the middle of the room. Otherwise you see the lower level of the layout built all the way around the room. What you can't see in the picture is that track has been laid around "the box" and about half way around the room. You also see that the layout base is blue foam-on-plywood. I'll discuss that in a future post.

My next step is to build the rest of the lower staging.

No comments:

Post a Comment