Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lower tier wiring near completion

Turns out there were 26 pairs of feeder wires needed for the remaining lower tier, including 5 on the Auto-Reverse track. By last night I'd sized, soldered in place, and labeled all the pairs of feeder wires. But none were connected to the terminals. Today I completed the Auto-Reverse wiring, including re-routing the A-R bus wires to a permanent location, and connected 10 of the 21 remaining pairs to terminals.

So, I should have the wiring for the lower tier complete tomorrow. I won't be quite ready to run trains yet. During the process of rebuilding the staging area I've tested track using temporary power set-ups. Now, however, it's time to move to the permanent power setup. I'll be using a power cabinet, described in my first post on wiring. I'll put the power components, including the auto-reverse devices, into the cabinet and wire them up appropriately. At that point it will be time for track cleaning (figure an hour, unless I can recruit some help) and running trains. I'm thinking we should be doing this by Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment