Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, Monday

Did manage to clear my work desk of half-finished projects, as I'd hoped. The last one was finishing up the BNSF decoder install. The problem was simply that one of the motor wires was folded up and subsequently too short to reach the decoder.

Alas, once I got the BNSF dash 8 running it was apparent that the motor squeaked and needs cleaning. Back on the problem log -- but at least a little closer to working.

As a side note, while my son Daniel was doing some math I picked up an old project to convert an Athearn F59 PHI locomotive (in full New Mexico Rail Runner dress) to DCC. I wanted to test the decoder with the NCE tester I mentioned in the last post. Well, decoder is fine, problem is with the Athearn board, so I sent an email off to their help line. We'll see what happens. I'd like to get a small HO layout set up using the Bachmann roadbed track just so Daniel can play with it a few more times before he goes to college.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment