Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mid-tier subroadbed complete

Finished cutting and installing the middle tier subroadbed. Here's a picture from the staging side of "the window":


I did complete about half the blue roadbed as well. This picture is from the other side, and includes a few flat objects on the just-laid blue section to keep it in place while drying:


Nothing special about this contruction step except that I discovered this 1/2" plywood is about 1/8" thinner than the 1/2" plywood I used previously. How can that be? Well, I knew this was really only 15/32", but it seems that the other stuff was actually closer to 5/8", or maybe 19/32". And I'd forgotten that I'd done that.

Oh well. I did a little shimming under the one end of the new subroadbed to keep the tracks even. The slight grade won't affect this area, since it was flat anyway.

Tomorrow I'll finish the roadbed. Then my next task will be to clean up the office/train layout area -- I've let it go this past month due to all the other activities. And I need my hobby desk usable again so that I can start prepping all those switches.

No comments:

Post a Comment