Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Restart #2

Very sadly, a few short weeks after my last post a major family tragedy occurred.  Our, sweet, wonderful 22-year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly of an undiagnosed heart condition.  There are no words.  A kinder person has never walked on earth.



Last year was very difficult for us, but youngest daughter and her boyfriend encouraged me to get back into the model train hobby as a mental health tool, and I've made good progress.



Things have changed.  We'll be moving from this house in the next couple of years - we'd planned to retire here.  I'm going to rebuild the N scale layout to be modular for movement to a new house.  



As I worked to re-gain familiarity with my N scale stuff after what was a 10 year break I found my old technical blog posts incredibly helpful.  I'll keep future posts short and on technical topics, with the primary audience being my future self.



No comments:

Post a Comment