Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Colder than Boulder



An early cold spell hit last weekend, to the point where we went 2 days without a temp above freezing. Good news is that the pond withstood the freezing without any issues. I did take out the pump to prevent ice damage, and realized that I'll need to be able to easily remove the pump from the skimmer box after the skimmer box is installed permanently. I plan to drain the pond by the end of this month.

I've been building the list of materials I'll need for the railing and outdoor lamps. We have a 10% off certificate for Lowe's and I plan to get everything at once to take advantage of that. But otherwise I've been working on neglected indoor house projects. And this cold spell is a reminder that I need to spend this coming weekend doing the annual winterizing of the house and cleaning of gutters. Sigh. So, not likely to get the railing done by hallowe'en, but I'll still try.

No comments:

Post a Comment